New Zealand High Commission Honiara, Solomon Islands
New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships
New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships (NZRDS) are available to pre-service and in-service (i.e. public, private or civil society sector employees) applicants. Up to 10 scholarships will be offered to eligible candidates for study beginning in the 2013 academic year. NZRDS are awarded for full-time study in the Pacific region at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels (excluding PhDs).
Priority study areas include:
- Engineering, Science (particularly in areas of transportation, earth sciences, infrastructure)
- Public Policy Planning and Administration
- Business Management, Commerce, Economics and Accounting
- Economic Development (e.g. fisheries, tourism, forestry management)
- Education (e.g. Remedial and also Early Grade Literacy & Numeracy Teaching, Educational Assessment particularly Maths & Science and Principal-ship & Schools Leadership)
In-service candidates apply through the National Training Unit, Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development.
For an application form, please contact the:
National Training Unit
Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development
PO Box G28
or download the National Training Council application form at the bottom of this page.
Pre-service candidates apply through the New Zealand High Commission or download the application form at the bottom of this page.
New Zealand Regional Development Scholarship awards are selected through a joint selection process together with Solomon Island Government National Training Council. Application forms for In-service should be sent to the National Training Unit for collection.
4.30pm Friday 12th July 2013.
|NZRDS APPLICATION FORM.pdf|
|NTC New Application Form -FINAL FOR 2013 (1).pdf|