New Zealand High Commission Honiara, Solomon Islands
New Zealand Pacific Scholarships
The New Zealand Pacific Scholarships (NZPS) focus mainly on young, high-achieving school leavers and youth (up to age 24), who have leadership potential and who wish to pursue undergraduate studies at a New Zealand tertiary institution.
Up to twenty four scholarship awards will be offered to eligible candidates for full-time study commencing early 2013.
Some of these scholarships are also available for mature (generally aged 25+) applicants who wish to pursue postgraduate study in priority fields of study.
Study at PhD level will only be considered where particularly strong development relevance and alignment to the Solomon Islands’ priority training needs are demonstrated.
Priority fields of study:
- Engineering, Science (particularly in areas of transportation, earth sciences, infrastructure)
- Public Policy Planning and Administration
- Business Management, Commerce, Economics and Accounting
- Economic Development (e.g. fisheries, tourism, forestry management)
- Education (e.g. Remedial and also Early Grade Literacy & Numeracy Teaching, Educational Assessment particularly Maths & Science and Principal-ship & Schools Leadership)
- Candidates need to secure placement at an education institution in New Zealand (see the New Zealand Aid Programme website for eligible institutions) prior to submitting their application.
For Form 7 students, a provisional placement is sufficient. Applicants must indicate to the institution on their applications for admission that they intend to apply for the New Zealand Pacific Scholarships.
In addition to an offer of place at a New Zealand education institution, applicants must also satisfy the New Zealand Pacific Scholarships scheme’s eligibility criteria
in order to be considered for a scholarship.
The application form can be found at the bottom of this page.
4.30pm Friday 12th July 2013.
Applications must be sent directly to:
Scholarships (The New Zealand Pacific Scholarships)
New Zealand High Commission Honiara
PO Box 697
Tel: 21502 Fax: 22377
You can also visit the New Zealand Aid Programme website for more information on the scholarships.