New Zealand High Commission Pretoria, South Africa
The New Zealand High Commission, Pretoria is seeking an Executive Assistant/Policy Adviser. The role involves providing executive support to the High Commissioner, developing basic policy advice, and undertaking administration functions to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Highly-developed planning, organisational and implementation skills, including ability to prioritise tasks effectively and work under pressure
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- A strong achievement/delivery focus – sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
- A high standard of written and oral communication skills (English)
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to research, analyse information, formulate ideas and make recommendations
- Ability to contribute to and work within a team
- Solid numeracy skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills and familiarity with social media
- Ability to work autonomously and within guidelines, demonstrating the use of sound judgement
- Commitment to continuous improvement, including adaptability and openness to change
- Ability to anticipate issues and problems and think of creative solutions
- Personal integrity, honesty, discretion, and professionalism
Previous successful experience in a secretarial or support role would be preferred.
This is a locally engaged position. Applicants will ideally hold New Zealand citizenship and must be able to obtain and maintain a New Zealand government security clearance. The High Commission does not provide assistance with airfares, transfer costs or accommodation. Applicants must have the right to reside and work in South Africa. Annual starting salary for the position will be between ZAR189,299 - ZAR236,624 depending on experience.
A position description is attached.
A detailed letter of application as well as a CV and the names of two referees should be sent to email@example.com the subject title: Executive Assistant Vacancy.
Applications close 4.00 pm Monday 20 May 2013. All applications will be acknowledged.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade carries a list of all job vacancies in Wellington and at its overseas posts.