New Zealand High Commission Pretoria, South Africa
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.
In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:
The Immigration New Zealand website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:
There is an Immigration New Zealand office in Pretoria. Please note that it is separate from the New Zealand High Commission but located in the same premises. Its contact details are:
125 Middel St, Nieuw Muckleneuk, 0181
Tel: +27 12 435 9000
Fax: +27 12 435 9001
The public hours are 9:00am-12:00pm, Monday to Friday.
On 29 November 2010, many of Immigration New Zealand’s (INZ) fee and migrant levies will change as a result of the 2010 fees review, and to reflect the introduction of the Immigration Act 2009.
Key changes in the Immigration Act 2009 are in the following areas:
- Terminology changes
- A new sponsorship system
- Returning residents’ visas
- ‘Endorsements’ for New Zealand citizen foreign passports
- Streamlining appeals
- A new classified information system with special safeguards
- Streamlining the deportation process
- Compliance, detention and monitoring
- Biometrics and information sharing
- Employer obligations Education
- Interim visas
Please refer to www.immigration.govt.nz for further information.