New Zealand Embassy Madrid, Spain


Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is the government agency responsible for establishing New Zealand immigration policies.

In general, you will need a visa if you wish to:

The Immigration New Zealand website provides comprehensive information in English about visa requirements when coming to New Zealand including information on:

Visas for Spanish citizens

Applications for New Zealand visit, student, work and permanent residence visas for citizens of Spain are processed at the London branch of the NZ Immigration Service. For other nationalities, see New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) website. 

If you wish to extend your stay once you are in New Zealand, you should contact the nearest branch of the New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS). You must leave New Zealand before the expiry of your permit.

Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.