New Zealand Permanent Mission Geneva, Switzerland
Consulate Services for New Zealanders
Help in an emergency
Staff at New Zealand embassies can help you in several ways if you get into difficulties overseas but there are some limitations. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Safe Travel website has information about what the embassy staff can and cannot do to help.
Emergency Travel Documents
If your passport has been lost, stolen or damaged, and you need to travel urgently, an Embassy or High Commission may be able to issue an Emergency Travel Document (ETD). The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade Safe Travel website has details of how and where to apply for an ETD and what documentation you will require.
Legal and Notarial Services
New Zealand representatives overseas can perform certain legal or notarial acts in accordance with the law of New Zealand eg. the taking of affidavits, affirmations and statutory declarations.
Getting Married in Switerland:
New Zealanders wishing to marry in Switzerland can refer to the Getting married in Switzerland webpage.
Fees for Consulate Services provided in Geneva are:
- The taking of any affidavit, affirmation or declaration CHF 30.00
- The witnessing of any will or other testamentary disposition CHF 30.00
- The certification or verification of any signature or document CHF 30.00
- The typing or other preparation of any certificate CHF 30.00
- Certified true copy of an original document CHF 15.00 plus CHF 7.50 for any additional copy
- Emergency Travel Document CHF 260 - the processing time for an ETD is 3 working days
Please note that payments can only be accepted in cash or by bank transfer into the account of the New Zealand Permanent Mission and Consulate General, Geneva held at Citibank, N.A., London Branch, Citigroup Centre, Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5LB; IBAN: CH63 8909 5000 014092619; SWIFT Code, CITIGB2L; Currency, CHF; Credit card payments and personal cheques will not be accepted.
Click here for contact details for the Consulate General, including contact information in case of an emergency.