New Zealand Embassy Ankara, Turkey
All applicants must provide the following:
A correctly completed and signed Application for Studying New Zealand form (NZIS 1012.) You can download this form from Immigration New Zealand.
Your passport, which must be valid for at least three months past your intended departure date from New Zealand.
Two passport sized photographs which must be less than six months old. Wrıte your full name on the back of both photographs.
Flight reservations. (If your visa is provisionally approved, the immigration officer may ask to see your original ticket, but we do not recommend purchasing a ticket until you have been informed that you have provisional approval.)
Application fee. As of 03 August 2014 the student visa application fee will be US$235. (May change without prior notification.) This must be paid in cash. We are unable to accept payment by credit card, cheque, bank transfer or eftpos.
Offer of a place letter from the institute providing the course in New Zealand. This must include all the details of the course.
If you are employed and will be supporting yourself:
a. Bank account book.
b. An official letter on company letterhead from your employer stating your position and how long you have been working there.
c. Any property ownership documents, if you have them.
d. Your SSK document showing the date you started your current job
e. If you will be returning to the same company after your course has finished, an official letter on company letterhead from your employer stating this fact.
f. Salary documents
- If you will be taking a course in New Zealand for 36 weeks or less, you will need to show, in addition to the documents listed above, that you have at least NZ$1.000 for each month you will be in New Zealand over and above the course related fees and your flight ticket.
- If you will be taking a course in New Zealand for more than 36 weeks, you will need to show, in addition to the documents listed above, that you have at least NZ$10.000 for each year you will be in New Zealand over and above the course fees and your flight ticket.
If you will be supported by a member of your family or by any other party:
a. A correctly completed and signed Financial Undertaking for a Student form (NZIS 1014).
b. The documents as stated in section 7 (above) for the family member or other party supporting the student.
c. If the person sponsoring you is not an immediate family member, a written statement of their relationship to you.
If you have won a scholarship:
a. The official offer of the scholarship, including an explanation of what the scholarship covers, from the institute offering the scholarship.
b. The documents stated in section 7 and/or section 8 (above) for any expenses that will not be covered by the scholarship.
- Letter of guarantee of accommodation for part or all of your intended stay in New Zealand.
- If the accommodation and meals will be prepaid, an official letter of guarantee of this from the institute providing these services must be provided.
- If you intend to be in New Zealand for six months or more, you must meet specific health requirements.
If you plan to be in New Zealand for more than 12 months, you must provide:
a. A full Medical and X-ray Certificate (NZIS 1007) from INZ recognised Panel Doctors and Radiologists. To find out more about this please go to the relevant Health Requirements page.
b. A police certificate from your country of citizenship and from each country you have lived in for five years or more since attaining the age of 17.
- If the course you plan to attend is twelve weeks or less in length, you should apply for a Visitor Visa, but you must still provide the above documents. There is no charge for Visitor Visas for Turkish Citizens.
- You may be asked for additional documents by the New Zealand Embassy Immigration Office.
- All documents may be required to be verified by the New Zealand Embassy Immigration Office.
- You are not required to pay the school fees or accommodation fees until the Immigration Office has given you Approval in Principle.
- To enable your application for a Student Visa to be accepted you MUST submit ALL of the documents that apply to you. If you do not do so, your application will be returned to you.
If you will be taking a course in New Zealand for 36 weeks or less, you will need to show, in addition to the documents listed above, that you have at least NZ$1.000 for each month you will be in New Zealand over and above the course related fees and your flight ticket.
- It is highly recommended that you take out comprehensive travel and health insurance before any travel.