New Zealand High Commission London, United Kingdom
Policy Adviser (Political)
This is a locally employed position, with terms and conditions being set in accordance with local employment requirements. The High Commission does not provide assistance with accommodation or airfares.
- Provide support to the First Secretary (Political) in monitoring and reporting on specified international security issues in the UK that are of interest to NZ.
- Provide support to the First Secretary (Political) and Second Secretary in monitoring and reporting on a range of British foreign, security and multilateral policies of interest to NZ, particularly in Africa, the Americas, Middle East and Asia.
- Provide support to the Deputy High Commissioner, in monitoring, analysing and reporting on political developments in the UK, and their implications for NZ.
- Provide support to other policy staff in monitoring, analysing and reporting on political, economic, social and cultural developments in Northern Ireland and Wales which may have implications for NZ.
- Provide policy input into arrangements for official and post visits to/from NZ and to/from the UK (and Northern Ireland and Wales); planning and arrangements for representational functions and events; and appointments with UK (including Northern Ireland and Wales) interlocutors.
- Have a tertiary qualification or experience in a similar role.
- Strong policy analysis and problem solving skills.
- High-level oral and written communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with key contacts.
- Commitment to advancing New Zealand’s interests.
- The successful applicant must be a New Zealand citizen and be able to obtain and maintain an appropriate New Zealand security clearance.
- The successful applicant must hold or attain the right to work in the United Kingdom. It is expected that applicants are able and prepared to make a long term commitment to the position.
Previous work experience at a diplomatic mission, business or international organisation would be beneficial for this position.
Please refer to the full position description which is attached.
A position description and application form can be downloaded from below.
Applications will only be accepted by email. Please send your CV, application form and a covering letter to email@example.com. Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7 September.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
|Application Form - Policy Adviser (Political).DOC|
|Position Description - Policy Adviser (Political).pdf|