New Zealand High Commission London, United Kingdom

Lost property

The New Zealand High Commission's Consular Office occasionally receives lost or stolen property belonging to New Zealanders that has been found by members of the public.

If there is something that provides a New Zealand connection, such as a drivers licence, in your lost or stolen property, it may be worth contacting us to see if anything has been handed in.

Email us at:
Telephone: 0207 930 8422 (+44 207 930 8422 from overseas)

We make every effort to contact the owners of any items we receive. We recommend all New Zealanders register with Safe Travel when outside New Zealand. This not only allows the New Zealand Minstry of Foreign Affairs to contact you in a local or family emergency, but also allows us to contact you to return lost property.

If we have been unable to contact the owner after three months, the High Commission may return items such as drivers licences and firearms licences to the issuer, or forward the property to the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade in Wellington, who may make further inquiries.


Of interest

United Nations Handbook 2015-16

United Nations Handbook

The UN Handbook is a comprehensive guide to the UN system and how it works.  Read more

Prime Minister's media release |

New Zealand wins Security Council seat

New Zealand has secured a place on the UN Security Council for 2015-16. Read the Prime Minister's media release

Registering your overseas travel made easier

Registering your overseas travel made easier

New Zealanders travelling or living overseas, registering your travel online now made easier. Read more

Remembering World War I
100 Years On

Be part of the first World War Centenary. Read more

The Christchurch Earthquake Appeal

News about how the donations are contributing to the rebuild, ways to donate and more.

Events Noticeboard

New Zealand related United Kingdom event listings. Read more