New Zealand Embassy Washington, United States of America
ICT Administrator - New Zealand Embassy in Washington DC
The New Zealand Embassy in Washington DC has an exciting opportunity for the right person who is keen to support a large team and Post in its IT area. If you are driven to provide excellent customer service to a range of people, assist with IT issues and contribute to IT and Security projects, then is challenging role is for you. You must be a New Zealand citizen and able to obtain appropriate clearances.
- Provision of first and second level IT support to Embassy staff. i.e. LANs, desktop PCs, mobile devices, audio/visual suites
- Provision of first level support for other IT related systems at the NZ Embassy, i.e. PABX, internet services etc.
- Provision of first and second level support for security systems at the New Zealand Embassy, i.e. access control, CCTV, locks etc.
- The successful applicant must hold New Zealand citizenship and be able to obtain and hold an appropriate New Zealand security clearance
- A relevant and recognised industry/university standard qualification/certificate
- Extensive experience with ICT, premises security and communications systems environment
- Extensive experience in several of the following areas: cabling technologies, i.e. fibre optics, data networking (LAN/WAN); i.e. modems, routers, protocols ;cryptographic equipment; server, PC and printer hardware and software, i.e. Windows 7, Office 2010, upgrades and maintenance; PABX systems
- Extensive experience with mobile platforms – laptops, PDAs including iPhone and Blackberry
- An in-depth knowledge of secure communications practices
- Experience with national and international communications networks
- Demonstrated project management, organisational, communications and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability of self-management
- An aptitude for providing training
- A strong can do attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment and be willing to support others within the team
We are looking for the successful appointee to commence duties in January/February 2016. This is a locally-engaged position with terms and conditions of employment set in accordance with local employment requirements. No financial assistance with transferring to Washington DC is provided.
|Base salary, Ranges 2015/16 USD Gross|
|Position||Minimum 85%||Midpoint 100%||Maximum 115%|
ICT Systems Administrator
To apply for this position you must submit the following:
- A covering letter of no more than one page, addressed to the Counsellor (Management and Consul), setting out why you are applying for this job, how you can add value and with specific examples of how you meet all the criteria set out above;
- Application Form
- A current CV (résumé);
Please email the above three documents to WSHRecruitment@mfat.govt.nz.
In the subject line please title your email as follows: SURNAME, First name WSH ICT Application
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Applications close 1 December 2015 5:00 p.m. (Washington DC time)
|WSH_ICT Systems Administrator_PD_Nov 2015.pdf|
|WSH_ICT Systems Admin_Application Form_Nov 2015.docx|