New Zealand Embassy Washington, United States of America
Witnessing and verifying official documents
The New Zealand Consulates General in New York, Los Angeles and the New Zealand Embassy in Washington D.C. are able to witness Affidavits, Affirmations, Statutory Declarations and other documents for use under New Zealand law.
The fees for these and other legalisation services are:
If the type of service is for…
- certifying a document which is a true copy of the original $US20
- preparing consular letters $US40
- taking an affidavit, affirmation or declaration (document prepared by solicitor or applicant) $US40
- witnessing signatures on documents $US40
- verifying local foreign ministry signature/seal on foreign documents for use in New Zealand $US40
- trusted referee verification $US40
- making and verifying translation of any document (per 500 words or less) $US60
- verifying MFAT signatures/seal on documents for use overseas that have been forwarded direct from the client $US60
All payments must be made by money order (issued to the New Zealand Embassy) or the exact amount in cash if visiting the post. For the safety of documents it is recommended that if sending them in, you forward them overnight by courier to the New Zealand overseas post with prepaid return courier envelope.