New Zealand High Commission Port Vila, Vanuatu
Pacific Development Conservation Trust funding available for Pacific Nations
Do you need funding for conservation, cultural, or development projects? The Pacific Development Conservation Trust (PDCT) funds a range of conservation, cultural heritage, development and goodwill projects in the South Pacific. Projects must be based in the South Pacific and can also be in New Zealand.
The projects must be charitable and benefit to Vanuatu. The Trust has $250,000 each year to distribute. There is no minimum or maximum grant amount. Grants made range from NZ$2000-$50,000.
Priortiy areas of funding:
- Community driven projects
- Cultural, social economic self sufficiency and sustainability projects
- Innovative projects which can be models for other communities
- Conservation of representative, endangered, threatened or unique spieces
- Local and/or national projects sustainable development projects that conserve the environment.
Application forms and further information on the fund is available on www.dia.govt.nz. The application is in two stages.
The first stage is for interested persons/groups to submit an Expression of Interest form to the address below no later than 31 March 2011.
If selected, a completed application is then required to be submitted by 30 August 2011.
Mail: Trusts, PO Box 805, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
Telephone: +64 4 494 0544, 0800 824 824.
The objective of the PDCT is to encourage and promote:
- The enhancement, protection and conservation of the physical environment of the South Pacific and of its natural and historic resources
- The peaceful economic, physical and social develpment of the South Pacific and its peoples
- Peaceful conservation and development of the cultural heritage of the peoples of the South Pacific
- Peace, understanding and goodwill between the peoples of the South Pacific.