New Zealand High Commission Port Vila, Vanuatu
Basket blong Sapotem KommunitiKAMAP
The Basket blong Sapotem KomunitiKAMAP (BSK) Fund, formerly 'Small Projects Scheme', provides resources from the New Zealand Aid Programme to support Ni-Vanuatu communities to enhance the quality of their lives through self-reliance, innovation, and enterprise.
The strategic goals of the BSK are:
- Good Governance: To encourage wider participation in civil society, decision making and good governance.
- Economic Development: To enhance income-generating opportunities for Ni-Vanuatu, particularly in rural areas.
- Education: To promote educational opportunities, particularly Pre-School and vocational education.
- Environment: To promote good environmental practices and disaster risk reduction inititatives.
- Primary Health: To promote a healthy population that can contribute to Vanuatu's development.
- Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment: To advance equality between women and men and empower women.
- Youth: To support youth activities that can increase economic opportunities, promote life skills and better health including less STI's (sexually transmitted infections), reduce substance abuse and crime.
Ineligible projects/items: (the following cannot be funded through BSK)
- Projects where the main purpose or focus is on political or religious advocacy.
- Projects which duplicate existing projects or programmes, unless there is a good reason for both to exist.
- Requests for repayment of debts.
- Individually-owned businesses or projects that will only benefit an individual or a small group of individuals.
- Overseas conference attendance.
- On-going funding of recipients’ operational/organisational costs such as wages and salaries, office items and communications.
- Repeat funding of the same activities, which would not preclude the same organisation receiving funding, but such funding would have to be for a new activity or programme.
- Motor vehicles, grass cutters, boats and engines, tractors, lap tops, computers, televisions, and other goods commonly subject to theft, misuse, and damage.
Eligible applicants include communities or Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) in Vanuatu who would like to implement a project aimed at one or more of the BSK strategic goals above. Projects must clearly benefit the community and NOT an individual or individual family.
Funding is available for single projects costing up to a maximum of 5,000,000 (5 million vatu). Successful applicants are required to submit a completion report (including a financial acquittal) once the project is completed.
The BSK has one funding round per year. Applications are due on the last Friday of April each year.
For further information, or a copy of the application form, please contact:
Development Programme Coordinator
Phone: 22933 ext 113
|BSK_Application Form - Bislama.pdf|
|BSK_Application Form - English.pdf|