New Zealand Embassy Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Adviser, Government Engagement
New Zealand Embassy, Ha Noi
We seek applicants with demonstrated business acumen, commercial experience and a developed network for the newly created role of Adviser, Government Engagement.
The purpose of the role is to identify potential opportunities for delivery of proven New Zealand Government capability to the Government of Viet Nam, on a commercial basis. This is an exciting new role at the Embassy which will appeal to applicants that enjoy a strong government network as well as proven experience identifying and developing commercial opportunities. The role reports directly to the New Zealand Ambassador, but works closely with the recently established Government to Government Know-how office in New Zealand.
This is a 12 month full time, fixed term position (with potential for renewal).
• Successful business development experience
• Demonstrable network of senior government and Party contacts (and proven ability to influence that network)
• Strong relationship management skills
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrated cross-cultural awareness
• Excellent self-awareness, including the ability to customise delivery and content according to the nature of the client and behavioural interpretation.
• Proven ability to work effortlessly across the public and private sectors
Our ideal candidate will…
• Be fully bilingual in Vietnamese and English (spoken and written)
• Be a self-starter, someone able to work creatively in a fluid and evolving context
• Have great energy, a good sense of humour and the ability to work well under pressure
• Come with highly seasoned business development experience, with proven ability to identify, understand and convert prospects into clients.
• Be someone with a strong network across the public and private sector in Viet Nam.
• Someone with a passion for getting the job done, and who understands the importance of tight execution
• Be available to travel on a semi-regular basis.
Qualified applicants should submit their application, including a covering letter, CV, and two references to NZEmbassy.Hanoi@mft.net.nz by no later than 5pm on Monday 12 January 2015. Please include “Application: Adviser, Government Engagement” in the title of your email.
For more information on the role, the Government to Government Know-how office, the New Zealand Embassy and our work in Vietnam please visit www.nzembassy.com/viet-nam, the Embassy’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/nzembassyvietnam and www.g2g.govt.nz .
|Business Adviser - Job Description.pdf|