New Zealand Embassy Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Job Vacancy: Executive Assistant/Consular Adviser: Applications close Friday 19 October 2012
The New Zealand Embassy in Ha Noi is seeking to recruit an Executive Assistant / Consular Adviser to provide personal assistant support to the Ambassador and other administration functions to the Embassy to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office. The position will also have some responsibility for management of consular advice and assistance to New Zealanders in Viet Nam. Consular training will be provided to the successful applicant.
This is a locally employed position, with terms and conditions being set in accordance with local employment requirements. The Embassy does not provide assistance with accommodation or airfares.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Five to six years’ previous successful experience in a secretarial or administration support role to a manager and/or team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English, with some proficiency in Vietnamese also desirable)
- Strong customer focus, with the ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- Possess a strong achievement/delivery focus and sets high standards including accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly adaptable and able to work across multi-disciplined areas of work
- Ability to work cooperatively and supportively in a team environment
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a New Zealand Government security clearance. Due to this security requirement only citizens of New Zealand, Australia, UK, Canada and the US can be considered for the position.
A copy of the position description for this vacancy is attached below or can be obtained from the New Zealand Embassy. Please address any email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone enquiries to +84 4 3824 1481.
Posted applications should be addressed to:
Executive Assistant/Consular Adviser position
New Zealand Embassy
63 Ly Thai To Street
Hoan Kiem District
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 19 October 2012. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.